Tips for New Online Students
There is usually an adjustment period for most students as they learn the rhythm and patterns of online communication. Below are some tips for getting comfortable.
- Take time to review all the help files available.
- Spend some time navigating your way through the class, clicking on all the buttons and test links.
- Set designated blocks of time to work on the class. It is very easy to spend either too little or too much time on the class; your time management skills will be critical.
- Download or print out pages for reference and review away from the computer.
- Set priorities. Pay close attention to what your instructor says about class priorities.
- Ask for help if something isn't going right, whether it is a technical issue or something to do with the class environment.
We understand your time is limited; don't spend too much time trying to solve a problem. Ask your professor for help!