Maymester and Summer Sessions
Summer Sessions Can Help You:
-FOCUS ON TOUGHER COURSES
-GRADUATE ON TIME
- Maymester/Summer 2016 Course Offerings
- Maymester/Summer 2016 Calendar
- Annual Notice to Students Regarding College Policy on Peer-To-Peer File Sharing
All visiting students are required to complete the following (4) steps in order to complete their summer application:
- Apply as an undergraduate, summer visiting student here!
- Request an official copy of your undergraduate transcripts be sent via mail to the College of Charleston, Office of Admissions, 66 George St., Charleston, SC 29424, via fax to 843-953-7371 or emailed to email@example.com. Please note that we require all summer visiting undergraduate students to submit an official copy of their transcripts (unless you received an undergradute degree from the College of Charleston).
- Submit your Verification of Lawful Presence, along with the required supplemental documents. Detailed information regarding this procedure can be accessed here.
- Once you've received your MyCharleston student credential email (sent to the email address listed on your application), please complete your summer 2016 financial responsibility form, which is located under the “My Forms” tab.
SPECIAL NOTE: If your permanent residence is not South Carolina, then permission to take an online course in summer may be restricted if you plan to enroll in online courses only. Please contact Doug Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification if your state is not listed in the following paragraph.
These states permit their residents to take online courses at the College of Charleston: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
The other states (and District of Columbia) require some paperwork, so be advised that your application to take an online course at the College of Charleston may pose more of a problem. Some states simply require a form to be filled out. Others are more complicated. Utah charges us $1,500 for permission. Again, please contact us if your state is not on the all-clear list.
Experience a new culture while earning college credits this summer!
Click here for a full listing of Summer 2016 study abroad opportunities.